Saturday 4 July 2009

Stationery and Vintage

Having seen how amazing Anna looked in her maxi dress I have printed the pattern and made some myself. I think I might remake the black and white one with a patterned top section to wear to a wedding reception in a couple of weeks. I altered the pattern slightly to include a back on the green and yellow one which I wore to London on Thursday for a trip to the bodyworlds exhibition and the Blur gig in Hyde Park. The blue one is made out of some amazing African Bird Print fabric and was for Sarah for her holiday. These are now available in our etsy shop


For the last couple of weeks I have been working on improving our stationery. I redrew the logo and then used this to make our business cards, I also designed some postcards to distribute at cafe's and bars, I'm still working on the design of the 'e' letter for the middle of these but they are nearly ready. My lovely hairdresser Guilaume, has also said that I can drop some of the postcards off at his salon. I have also updated our clothes label so everything matches which makes it all look a lot more professional. I'm really happy with how these have turned out.


Last night I went to see my friend Siobhan's work at the cut to the chase exhibition at the bargate monument gallery. I love Siobhan's work cos it reminds me of reading all the ridiculous stories in my favourite magazine - pick me up!

I took along some of my flower brooches to give to Ali for his two daughters, while I had them laid out on the floor for him to pick the ones he thought they would like, a lovely lady called Catherine approached me. Catherine has a studio in Queens Terrace from which she sells vintage clothing under the name Hepwrights. She said she often gets vintage frocks with awesome prints that have unfortunatley been loved a bit too much and have big rips or stain that make them unsellable, we are going to meet soon to discuss the possibility of me reclaiming this fabric for use in my flower brooches or indeed to reinvent the item into a wearble piece again. I quickly printed up a card to present the flowers on (as seen above). and hopefully Catherine will have them for sale in her shop/studio soon. Oh how I love fortuitious meetings and vintage stuff.

xxCandy

No comments:

Post a Comment