Monday 15 June 2009

LDN

On Sunday I dressed up in my new dress that I made on Saturday and B and I drove up to London to meet Anna and have a wander around. Anna looked resplendent in her great maxi dress but I'll let her tell you about that. First off we met with Joss and went to the Hammersmith vintage fair, it was a fiver to get in but if you fill in a form when you arrive they will send you free tickets to the next one and then if you go to that and fill in the form they will send you tickets to the next one and so on, the woman at the door was saying that she knew someone who had been coming for years and years off the back of one ticket! It's held every 5 to 6 weeks at Hammersmith Town hall.
It was a treasure trove of colourful printed dresses, appliques, vintage patterns and costume and bakelite jewellery. It was all rather lovely especially some of the printed neck scarves (£35) and a stunning cherry brooch (£85) . I didn't think the prices were quite justified but not wanting to go away empty handed I did snap up these rather fetching earrings for a fiver...After some lunch and an ice-cream we jumped on the tube where I released a book and saw it immediatley picked up by a pretty lady. We headed to the Art Car Boot Fair(ACBF) in Brick Lane to meet Anna's boyfriend Jr. Brick Lane was crazy busy and the ACBF had a very arty, carnivally, anything goes vibe. Jr was selling some printed canvas bags with jelly moulds and jelly inside which complemented his show Backwash which was held at Gallery Primo Alonso. There was some live music which was mostly being ignored and tons of weird and wonderful stalls to visit (including a cloakroom for you to leave your emotional baggage) and loads of objet d'art for sale. Again, some of the prices were not justified, there was no way I was going to pay £60 for a store bought t-shirt that some "artist" had drawn a barnet on, I could do that myself for a fiver. I did however come across some awesome buttons that had been made by artist Hayley Bates. There were 4 little button noses or two big ones for £4 so I got a couple of sets of the little ones.... no idea what for yet but I couldn't resist them. Then it was back on the bus to Streatham and back in the car for the journey home.
Thanks AJ, Jr, Joss and B for a lovely day out.

xxCandy

No comments:

Post a Comment