Tuesday 21 April 2009

The Bank Holiday weekend was awesome, 4 days of sewing and watching Project Catwalk ( the UK version is even better than the US version but alas, there is no Heidi Klum.) When I finished watching series 3 I was left wanting more so I backtracked to series 2 and was pleasantly surprised to discover that a guy that I used to go to Uni with was one of the contestants! Brave Boy....It's not a show I'd want to go on, each episode is like "OK we want you to make an amazing outfit in 10 hours with nothing but this sack and you will be filmed throughout the whole ordeal and then slagged off mercilessly by Julien McDonald" No Ta!

The African fabric projects all turned out pretty well and I also made the high waisted black skirt to go with the green shirt(as pictured). I'm pretty happy with the necklace too although I've got alterations I am going to implement for the next one. I'm currently working on an African fabric dress that has the dimensions and allure of a bed sheet at the moment but will look great when I've finished.


















I've received my 2nd order, it's for another draped back dress but this one is with a fitted pencil skirt and a rounded neckline. My customer is in London so I've made up the pattern and put together a quick toile and have sent it to AJ to fit to the customer before I make the real thing, she wants it for a ball on the 7th May. It's going to be in Black Silk Dupion with a Parasol print cotton in the drape.

xxCandy

No comments:

Post a Comment