Monday 16 March 2009

Just Say the Word, Stu-stu-studio



My spare room has transformed from just “a room with a sewing machine in it” to my Studio. I got the B-boy to put up a notice board and a shelf for me (the sturdiest straightest shelf I have ever witnessed!) and I have cleared out and organised my fabric stash. I also did my good deed for the week by freecycling a whole bunch of fabric scraps (check out www.freecycle.org it’s a brilliant web group for passing on and getting unwanted goods in your local area and preventing large amounts of usable items ending up as landfill, check it out, other people get rid of all sorts of cool stuff).
I got my dress form through from ebay (recommended seller: donangelicom) and also my 275m roll of pattern cutting paper (from www.morplan.co.uk).
There’s still room for improvement in the studio as I am currently doing all my pattern drafting on a big bit of wood on the floor (which makes for pretty creaky knees) so I would still like to set up a proper work surface and there are still some other things on my wish list (especially a full length mirror and some non-flowery curtains). Last month a humungous IKEA opened here in Southampton so I guess this would be a good excuse to go and have a look and check out their fabrics and eat some meatballs.
Xx
Candy

1 comment:

  1. In the meantime get some kneepads, they're genius at saving knobbly knees.

    ReplyDelete